Test development engineers are critical to Renesas’ power management products. They interface directly with the design team to define unique and novel test solutions for our current and future generation products. Test engineers also play a critical role in working with the applications team to shape the final device datasheet through IC characterization and validation activities.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop ATE test solutions for new power management IC products including buck-boost battery chargers, multi-cell balancing/protection circuits, and core regulator controller IC’s
- Full ownership of the ATE test solution from planning stage to production
- Generate test plans and identify requirements to execute on deliverables
- Develop multi-site wafer sort and package test solutions for new products. Responsible for hardware and software design and development.
- Develop ATE tests for characterization and validation of new products
- Perform full checkout of test solution to support manufacturing transfer. This includes full multisite checkout, data gathering, data analysis and presentation of results.
- Ability to interface with design, applications, and product engineering to debug new products and characterize the performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer engineering or Computer science
- 5+ years direct experience in new product IC test development
- Strong ATE test development and debug skills
- Hands-on experience in ATE test development for analog, digital and mixed-signal IC’s
- Proficient with ATE analog and digital instruments
- Proficient with ATE hardware design
- Programming experience in languages such as C++, basic, Perl, python, etc.
- Experience with Teradyne ETS364 or Advantest 93K ATE systems
- Ability to work within a cross functional development team
- Experience in ATE characterization and test time reduction
- 10+ years direct experience in new product IC test development
- Evidence of leadership capacity
- SMPS controller ATE test experience (Buck, Buck-Boost, Boost)
- Experience with statistical analysis tool such as JMP