Fortinet is developing a powerful platform that combines the security for the datacenter and carrier solutions that enables organizations to efficiently manage, scale and secure their networks. This QA Engineer will be part of this exciting development and will be working with a strong technical team that has experience delivering the solutions to large carriers. Participate in building a High-end firewall platform for data centers/Carriers that provides high throughput packet processing to the service provider using latest networking technologies. Our ideal candidate is willing to learn new skillsets and take on challenges
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performance functional testing on products using a combination of manual and auto-testing techniques.
- Follow internal development, test and build processes.
- Design test beds, identify necessary equipment.
- Work closely with Developers, QA, and others to understand new features, use cases.
- Identify, document, and track software defects found during testing.
- Write and maintain automation scripts.
- Passionate, motivated and always willing to learn and explore new technologies.
- Good team player.
- 3+ years of QA testing experience
- A degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing, DNS, DHCP, VPN, HA, routing and switching.
- Experience with network infrastructure, hardware and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of Linux platform and its tools.
- Hand on experience with one of the scripting language – Python preferable
- Understanding of general QA procedures and methodologies.
- Ability to work on assigned tasks under tight time constraints
- Ability to work in collaborative environment and communicate well with other departments
- Have any networking certification like NSE, CCNA ,CCNP etc. is a plus.