Zix | AppRiver is looking for a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to join our Development Team. The ideal candidate will help us build a culture that believes everybody owns quality and that our customers and partners come first. We’re looking for someone with a passion for leveraging test automation to deliver high-quality solutions to market. As a hands-on developer, coach, and evangelist, the candidate will influence and guide agile development teams toward quality engineering within a DevOps culture.
Help us “shift left” by leveraging our learning culture, cutting edge tools, frameworks, design patterns, and our team-oriented processes. As a part of the Quality Assurance team, you will also ensure that the Research and Development department is kept abreast of new technology, tools, and trends within the industry and influence adoption where appropriate.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Mentor team members on test automation best practices, implementations, and design
- Complete code reviews of test automation across levels of the test pyramid: e.g. unit tests, browser/UI tests, integration/API tests
- Work alongside Product Owners, Developers, and fellow QA team members to plan test automation and architectural evolution for new and existing products
- Apply and enhance understanding of practices of risk-driven exploratory testing
- Evaluate and inform automation solutions for current manual testing suites
- Collaborate with the development team to architect and develop automation testing practices, tools, and solutions
- Influence other teams to encourage adoption of the above automation testing practices, tools, and solutions
- Create and maintain automated regression, smoke, and feature-focused test suites
- Define test plans and create test scenarios and cases for web services, user interfaces, and back-end systems
- Create and maintain test data for use with automated and manual testing
- Create and organize test documentation to provide audit and traceability reporting
- Troubleshoot and analyze test failures and drive resolutions
- We are focused on test automation within our Quality Assurance department. We’re looking for someone who will be a leader at the forefront of bringing new frameworks and cutting-edge technology shifts into the team.
- We have a one-team focus here, and our QA team is embedded within the development teams across the organization. Learning and mentorship are significant to this role. Zix|AppRiver is a learning-focused organization with opportunities for internal development through our “Tech Friday’s” program in Development. We also partner with LinkedIn Learning for external training opportunities and have a wonderful professional development program that offers financial assistance for other external growth opportunities you may be interested in throughout your career.
- Experience and Skills we are Looking For:
- Proficiency in developing stable and maintainable automation frameworks and test data management systems in a shared environment
- Knowledge of how test automation fits within the Agile workflow
- An understanding of how test automation fits into an automated deployment pipeline (quality gates, CI/CD, deployment verification, etc.)
- A clear understanding of Agile/XP methodologies
- Experience using Selenium, JMeter, BlazeMeter, or comparable testing tools
- Proficiency in Java or .NET-based test frameworks such as TestNG, JUnit/xUnit, Selenium, etc.
- Knowledge of API/REST testing, test frameworks, and tools such as Postman, Swagger, etc.
- Experience with all aspects of QA testing: unit, functional, integration, end to end, user interface, smoke, load, performance, and security testing (SAST, DAST, etc.)
- Basic competency with Git source control
- Exposure to quality tracking tools such as Azure DevOps (TFS)
- Knowledge of SQL queries. NoSQL DBs such as MongoDB, Cosmos DB is a plus