Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Must be hands-on. Be able to develop solid understanding of the system and be able to test the system.
- Develop test plans, executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code for end-user applications, systems software; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
- Code and program test scripts, automation, and integration activities based on specific test requirements.
- Participate as a member of project team of other software quality assurance engineers and internal and outsourced quality assurance partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions
- Designs quality assurance and test processes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications, systems software, and firmware running on hardware, local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines test scripts, coding, automation, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into software and firmware architecture.
- Leads a project team of other software quality assurance engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable and cost- effective testing and quality assurance solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding test status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software quality assurance team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
- Using software quality assurance tools and processes.
- Software testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience testing large systems.
- Be strong in automation, understand what areas of testing can be automated, develop and execute an automation strategy.
- Must be proficient in debugging and trouble shooting. Must have demonstrated ability to understand large systems, develop and execute test plans.