- Passion for building “best-in-class” applications
- Strong understanding and hands on experience in Core Java, JEE, Spring, Angular
- Focused on improving our software delivery pipeline as we move down the CI/CD path
- Working closely with onsite and home office teams
- Skilled in translating complex technical concepts into high-level designs for development teams
- Thought leadership in developing enterprise level application and custom integration solutions including major enhancements, interfaces, functions and features
- Working with a team of engineers that plans, designs, and develops customer software in an agile environment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- 7+ years of technical experience including experience in technical architecture, application development, database management or operations.
- 7+ years of Java experience
- Experience with Spring framework (preferred), high volume and high concurrency applications
- Past experiences with development tools such as Git, Artifactory, Maven, Jenkins, Confluence, SonarQube, etc
- Experience in AWS and cloud platforms is a plus
- Strong proficiency in Java concepts and object modeling in a Linux environment and databases
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Play a hands-on role in the development process including design, development and support of the applications
- Provide data modeling and database design solutions for both existing and new software components and systems
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Ability to communicate complex technical or architecture concepts in a simple manner and can adapt to different audiences.
- Experience navigating large complex applications
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented design principles
- Strong knowledge of technology and product trends, especially what is happening in open source, DevOps, and Big Data
- Solid written and verbal communication skills