Job Roles and Responsibilities:
Participate in the definition, development, validation and support of advanced DC/DC power modules. The primary responsibilities will include:
- Working with marketing and sales teams on power module definition;
- Designing high power density, high efficiency DC/DC power modules, including topology selection, circuit design, magnetic design, package design, and layout.
- Validating power modules, including hands-on debugging;
- Modeling and simulating power converters
- Preparing technical documentation (e.g. datasheet, demonstration board manual, application note, spreadsheet, and whitepaper);
- Providing technical support and training for customers and field applications engineers;
- Working closely with cross functional teams (marketing, package engineers, product engineers, test engineers, and more) to complete power module development.
- 5+ years of technical professional experience;
- DC/DC power module design experience;
- Digital multiphase controller and power stage experience;
- Strong knowledge of DC/DC converter design;
- Excellent knowledge of loop compensation and stability;
- Strong knowledge of magnetic component design;
- Experience with circuit modeling and simulation tools (e.g. Simplis, PSpice, etc.);
- Familiarity with I2C and PMBus communication protocols;
- Programming and laboratory automation experience (e.g. Python)
- Good verbal and written communication skills.