The Software Test Technician I is responsible for assisting Developers with the development and execution of software test procedures to identify software problems and their causes on industrial controls for the Adhesives Business Group. This position receives specific and detailed instructions for required activities and expected results, and work is closely managed. This position performs a variety of routine tasks, which should provide experience and familiarization with engineering staff, methods, practices, and programs as well as the organization wide values of Nordson.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Tests standard features of new software releases using pre-defined test plans and scripts to identify defects.
- Follows uniform testing procedures.
- Documents results and uses designated systems and tools to track outcomes.
- Performs follow-up testing as needed.
- Assists System Engineers by providing feedback and recommendation on software usability and functionality.
- Assists Technical Support team by investigating customer problems.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High School diploma or GED
- 0-2 years of related experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must possess the ability to design, develop, write, and effectively communicate reports, proposals and strategies.
- Skill in organizing technical data.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a team player approach.
- Demonstrated ability to express facts and ideas in writing in a clear, convincing, and organized manner.
- Ability to listen closely to customers.
- Strives to proactively address customer concerns and needs
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Strong skills in problem identification, evaluation, and solution.
- Ability to develop an understanding and practice of Nordson values and competencies.
- Values cultural diversity and other differences; fosters an environment where people who are culturally diverse can work together cooperatively and effectively in achieving organizational goals.