Job Roles and Responsibilities:
This position works requires the individual to work within a SCRUM team and focus on below responsibilities:
- Understand and analyze system requirements
- Write good end to end functional and non-functional tests
- Write automation scripts
- Execute sound testing methodologies in the form of integration testing, system testing, performance testing, regression testing, and acceptance testing.
- Take Ownership for quality of a release, assigned stories and release management test procedures, responsible for internal testing phase
- Planning, design and execute test plans, test cases, and test scripts; both automated and manual for use within the test strategies and user stories to meet the business requirements.
- Identify, track and report application defects in accordance with functional and detail design specifications.
- Carry out test execution on different layers of the application such as UI and API
- Interact with team members including architects, product owners, developer’s, and BA’s
- Troubleshoot existing automation tests
- Develop UI and API test automation cases executable on CI with good design and coding practices
- Report test statuses periodically
- Log defects and maintain test artifacts
- Embrace agile principles, improve, and further develop testing strategies of our agile development practice.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years of relevant QA experience
- Strong Automation skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good in OOPs concepts, Groovy, Java or equivalent test automation languages
- Good in Selenium Web Driver and Maven framework
- Experience with Web-Services, API test automation
- Experience with SQL
- Prefer experience with Git, Jenkins, Bitbucket and CI technologies
- Good understanding of testing practices
- Working knowledge of Agile practices, roles and the SDLC
- Good communication and solution-driven approach
- Self-driven individual and a definite team player