Website Motorola Solutions
The candidate would facilitate testing all aspects of our system with an eye toward automation at all times. Candidates must be able to create, maintain and expand any existing automated test suites to support ongoing Product Development for software releases and suggest and create automation where practical. They must be able to devise test cases from requirements, perform exploratory testing and write and execute automated regression tests. They must be able to work effectively within Agile teams, with developers, other testers and product owners, to decompose user stories/requirements and write automated tests where applicable.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop test automation scenarios to validate system interfaces and system integrations
- Collaborate with developers to allocate testing between automated back-end, integration, and UI tests
- Perform manual exploratory testing on new requirements, prior to writing automated integration tests, and maintaining them as regression tests
- Work with developers to build quality in, and make sure new software goes out with the proper automated test coverage
- Identify and implement complex automation efforts, including refactoring of automation code where needed
- Utilize system tools to diagnose and fully document test failures, identifying the source of the failure and providing steps to reproduce
- Review and reproduce product defects that are reported by customers before and after corrections are delivered for testing
- Review and validate tests written by Developers and other team members
- Continuously identify process improvement opportunities
- Must have strong experience in at least one object-oriented language (C#, Powershell are a plus, but not required)
- Demonstrated ability to develop new technical skills
- Knowledge of modern browsers, operating systems, and user interface testing techniques
- Experienced in advanced code development, code review, and construction of automation frameworks
- Experience collaborating with teams during the design and implementation phases to develop the best test approach incorporating the appropriate level of testing while understanding test coverage
- Ability to debug problems that occur in diverse situations.
- Ability to learn and understand diverse product and test architectures
- We are moving towards automated testing in component environments and experience with these technologies is a plus
- Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, CIS, IT or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Software QA/Test Automation