Website S&P Global
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate software engineer to develop technology solutions for S&P global marketplace product. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly technical role and will design and develop software using cutting edge technologies consisting of web applications, data pipelines, big data, machine learning and multi-cloud. The development is already underway so the candidate would be expected to get up to speed very quickly & start contributing.
- Active participation in all scrum ceremonies, follow AGILE best practices effectively.
- Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code
- Produce technical design documents and conduct technical walkthroughs
- Document and demonstrate solutions using Technical design docs, diagrams and stubbed code
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Respond to and resolve production issues.
- A minimum of 5 years of significant experience in application development.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
- Experience working with high volume data and computationally intensive system.
- Garbage collection friendly programming experience – tuning java garbage collection & performance is a must.
- Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE, web & application server, GIT, Continuous Integration, unit-testing tool and defect management tools
- Domain knowledge in Financial Industry and Capital Markets is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Mentor teams, innovate and experiment, give face to business ideas and present to key stakeholders
Knowledge & Skills:
- Build data pipelines
- Utilize platforms like snowflake, talend, databricks etc.
- Utilize cloud managed services like AWS Step functions, AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB
- Develop custom solutions using Apache nifi, Airflow, Spark, Kafka, Hive, and/or Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Develop federated data services to provide scalable and performant data APIs, REST, GraphQL, OData
- Write infrastructure as code to develop sandbox environments
- Provide analytical capabilities using BI tools like tableau, power BI etc.
- Feed data at scale to clients that are geographically distributed
Desirable technical skills:
Java, React, HTML/CSS, API development, micro-services pattern, cloud technologies and managed services preferably AWS, Big Data and Analytics, Relational databases preferably Postgresql, NoSql databases, nifi, Airflow, Spark, Hive, Spring Cloud, Spring Cloud Data Flow, Netty, Akka, Esper, Redis, Google protobuf, Google Guice, Google Guava, Spring Cloud.