Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Architect, Analyze, design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for assigned functional areas of the application and related framework.
- Able to explain software functionality from a user’s or customer’s perspective. Respond to feature and functionality questions from the various channels, including both internal/external customers and vendors.
- May provide guidance, assistance, and technical leadership to lower level software engineers on more complex/large projects.
- External interfaces include vendor support, engineering groups, project managers, and occasionally customers.
- Occasionally designs and presents technical presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Interact, liaise, and communicate status updates through development cycles.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to quickly discern the most relevant facts and recommend the quickest, most practical, and safest approach to resolving an issue with a program or database
- Clear understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology and respective experience with its application in design and development phases
- Partner with project managers and business analysts to review and understand business requirements, recommend solutions and provide level of effort estimates to complete customizations or configurations to the application.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage several tasks at once.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers and all levels of management, including communicating technical information to nontechnical audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related (Ideally in computer science or engineering)
- 7+ years of IT experience.
- Advanced SQL and PL/SQL based programming, tuning, and debugging skills
- Oracle Forms, Reports, APEX desired
- Data modeling experience
- Ability to direct the construction of packages, triggers, and PL/SQL blocks in Oracle, as well as the Korn shells scripts that would be used to execute them.
- Nice to have Knowledge of Delphi and .Net (C#, ASP.Net, MVC) development
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, Maven, Build is plus
- SVN, JIRA experience is plus
- Experience of Install Shield desired
- Experience of static code analysis and open source analysis is a plus
- Agile Methodologies experience is plus
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.