Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducts and coordinates the analysis, design and implementation of computer based information systems to meet user requirements.
- Lead and mentor other developers.
- Plans and directs preliminary studies of potential applications and prepares design proposals to reflect costs, time and alternative actions to satisfy existing and future needs.
- Participates in systems software development and maintenance as required.
- Conducts detailed analyses of defined systems specifications, develops all levels of block diagrams and flow charts.
- Assists in the preparation of costs analyses and justifications of data processing systems.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
- Conducts a full range of programming tasks including program design, program coding, debugging, and documentation for a variety of general applications programs including data manipulation, input and output routines.
- Programs logical interfaces and applies techniques for efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Develops operator and control instructions. Maintains and updates existing programs of a non-routine nature.
- Conducts systems programming and support activities such as new or revised segments of language codes or processing.
- May identify and implement root cause fixes to program, system and/or applications errors.
- Monitors effective hardware utilization, reviews system logic for optimum throughput.
- Work frequently includes program maintenance error detection & correction of existing codes and/or revisions to systems documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science or related discipline, or knowledge acquired through equivalent experience Req
- Five (5) years experience in systems analysis/application programming Req
- As an alternative to the experience requirements listed above, possesses a minimum of two to five (2-5) years of related experience in Information Technology with a specific Technology Experience Ratio of 50-75% or higher (years of experience in the specific technology ¸ years the technology has existed). Req
- Demonstrated basic and some specialized systems and programming knowledge
- Exp. with Spark, Scala, Hadoop, Impala, SQL a plus