In today’s highly competitive private equity market, firms must not only deliver superior returns, but also respond to more stringent reporting requirements and increasing demands for information – both from within and outside their organization. Throughout the industry there is mounting pressure on organizations to do more, requiring a clear technology strategy that not only addresses the demands of today, but also enables the growth and performance of tomorrow.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
This position would be part of CORE product development team to work on:
- Development of new modules & functionality
- L3 production support of existing clients
- Support monthly /bi-monthly releases (Monitor and fix regression defects)
- Contribute in team meetings to provide suggestions or raise concerns where necessary
- Participate actively in Agile SCRUM & play the role that SCRUM team demands
- Participate in technology discussions to perform POC’s & help in scaling the application
- Provide technical guidance to other team members.
- 7-9 years of hands-on experience on Java with knowledge of Garbage Collector, JMS, Event Based programming, Collections, Java Streams, Dependency Injection Framework (Google juice).
- Need to have experience in Angular JS
- Working knowledge on application Servers (Tomcat)
- Strong experience in REST Web Services
- Good knowledge in Transaction Management – ACID properties
- Working knowledge of CI tools like Jenkins, Docker would be desirable.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environment and proven knowledge of scripting languages
- Working experience in Micro-Services will be added advantage
- Experience in No-SQL database would be added advantage (Preferably CouchBase / Mongo DB)
- Exposure to MQ / AMQ messaging system. Having knowledge of KAFKA would be added advantage
- Sound knowledge of Design Patterns
- Knowledge of the financial services marketplace
Knowledge & Skills:
- Familiar with scripting languages likes Python / Ruby / Groovy.
- Desired to have knowledge of JMX
- Agile – SCRUM or XP or TDD methodology preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communicator – ability to discuss technical solutions to internal and external parties and adapt depending on the technical or business focus of the discussion
- Attention to detail – track record of authoring high quality documentation
- Organized approach – manage and adapt priorities according to client and internal requirements
- Self-starter but team mindset – work autonomously and as part of a global team
- Willing to travel occasionally (no more than 10%)