The DevOps team is responsible for thousands of AWS cloud-based resources through deployment automation, extensive monitoring, and intelligent management systems. The senior role is hands on, cross-team oriented and champions problems while driving continuous improvement and innovation into the team and products. This role is responsible for all objectives that underpin the security, quality, reliability, and uptime of the production applications.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- 24/7/365 responsibility for assigned production applications, including on-call responsibilities, following defined procedures, owning and managing a runbook for each application, and maintaining system uptime to contractual SLA’s
- Maintain and improve the environment to meet or exceed required compliance standards
- Build, maintain and improve a CI/CD pipeline in support of all assigned CE applications
- Work and priority management of all assigned projects and tickets to meet company objectives and client SLA’s
- Support of non-production environments where appropriate, including development and test environments
- Executing and maintaining industry best practices for security, compliance, and auditing, including a continuous improvement cycle.
- Occasional travel to company-sponsored meetings or industry events may be required.
- At least 4 years of cloud-based DevOps engineering experience
- AWS experience (certifications a plus)
- Innovative mindset focused repeatable automation through scripting and advanced DevOps tools (PowerShell preferred)
- Multi-technology background with a primary focus on Microsoft Windows products and tech
- Experience working in a secure, controls-based environment that requires auditable evidence trails to meet compliance requirements
- Demonstrated experience with 24/7/365 production support in a cloud environment, including outage/incident management
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting complex problems in a full stack application environment, including cloud-based and traditional infrastructure
- Demonstrated collaboration across departments, teams, and partners in different geographic areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across different layers within a company
- Bachelor’s degree in technology-related field
- Microsoft certification(s) in Windows Server or related technologies
- Experience managing an evolving set of technologies as a product matures