As a member on the Salesforce Quality Team, you will use agile methodologies to plan, coordinate, and lead customer engagements that result in automated tests and guidance to product teams. We are looking for a critical thinker with a natural curiosity to learn our customers’ business, use skills to extract user scenarios from conversations and data and then translate your findings into automatable test plans which either you or a member of the team will automate. A successful team member should have a strong quality approach and will ensure our customers receive high quality work. You will constantly find opportunities to share information and collaborate with others for the benefit of our customers, partners, and each other!
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
Build a confirmed automation tech foundation that will guide engineering teams to build, execute, and be responsible for various different types of tests across the testing pyramid (#shiftleft). Design and delivers automaton and automation framework for products with a quality approach and provide mentorship through code and design reviews for features delivered by other developers within their scrum team!
- Master the Salesforce development process and codebase, in order to improve it.
- Participate in a Test Design Review Board for integration test plans within and across clouds with focus on functional, business, scenarios, high impact projects, usability, and accessibility
- Master clouds requirements (e.g. underlying tech stack, business usage, implementation)
- Build end-to-end, cross cloud-impacting, integration automation (API and UI) with variegated organizations
- Connect with customers to understand real-life usage, build test cases
- Execute Testing with sophisticated org setup, multifaceted data shapes
- Prioritize and drive cross-product testing
- Advocate for customer improvements
- Observe product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc)
- Works closely with senior developers, PM, and UX to ensure their features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements
- Tackle production issues
- You are providing leadership and mentorship to others on your scrum teams, as well as providing mentoring to others who may be on other scrum teams
- Bachelor’s degree (or its foreign degree equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative subject area.
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address intricate problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available
- Experience in software engineering, quality engineering, usability, or business analysis.
- Experience with automation (UI and Backend)
- Grasp of Object Oriented Programming
- Familiar with industry quality & usability practices
- Proficient in writing functional automation (UI/API)
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner and ability to coordinate cross-team efforts
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with developer tools like git, Maven and Eclipse IDE
- Good grasp of relational databases and SQL