The R&D Engineer II contributes to the development of pyANSYS software. In this role, the R&D Engineer II will work within a software development team to accomplish graphic user interface development objectives in an agile environment.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participates in planning, architecture, and researching the graphic user interface (GUI) and computer aided design (CAD) for pyAnsys products.
- Performs complex development activities that may require extensive analysis in areas including user experience and software with latest tools and the related products.
- Employs best practices and helps to maintain them through technical reviews and mentoring.
- Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions.
- Researches and understands the marketing requirements for the GUI/CAD product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. May work with strategic customers or proxies to assess needs and develop solutions.
- Works independently with minimal supervision and may take on some planning and mentoring responsibilities.
- BS in Computer Science, Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering, or related fields with 2 years’ experience, or MS.
- Strong programming background for GUI design.
- Proficiency in C/C++, Python and Cloud environment.
- PhD and 2 or more years of commercial software development experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge and commercial experience with object-oriented design, scripting languages, data structures, and algorithms.
- Commercial experience with various usages of CAD or finite element analysis software.
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a geographically distributed team.
- Experience delivering high-quality products in a large-scale commercial software development environment.
- Experience in using or developing CAE simulation software
- Understanding of customer requirements and tools used in this domain.
- Linux experience is desirable.