Alcon is looking to hire a R&D Associate Engineer – Packaging to join the team at Fort Worth, TX in United States. You will be responsible for supports in the designs and development of a wide variety of packaging used for the protection, display, handling, and delivery of ophthalmic products. Packaging-related support may also be provided to GMP ophthalmic product manufacturing and to prototype manufacturing line development. The R&D Associate Packaging Engineer supports in the design, test, modification, fabrication, and assembly of product packaging (e.g., labels, boxes, cartons, bottles and other containers or devices).
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs assigned tasks under general supervision in support of approved projects.
- Follows established procedures or protocols to analyze packaging research and development samples.
- Executes packaging studies, conducting testing and data analysis under direction of senior OH team members. Receives technical guidance from senior OH staff on the design of experiments.
- Applies general technical skills to complete assigned work, and solves routine problems of limited scope.
- Thoroughly and clearly documents experiments in laboratory notebook and assists in preparation of technical documents.
- Communicates and collaborates with colleagues and with supervisor and/or senior staff.
- General upkeep of laboratory, including equipment/instrumentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +8 yrs; Assoc.+4 yrs)
- The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English.