Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Weekly status update to all the stake holders.
- Accountable for test case creation / execution / ALM update.
- Able to talk to HPE partners and different teams to explain the issues clearly.
- Capable of triaging and root causing the medium to complex storage issues.
- Configuring and maintain the SAN environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-4 years’ experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge on OS installation and ease of working with different OS flavors. (Windows/Linux/VMWare)
- Experience of testing IO device drivers/HBAs
- Knowledge of FC protocol
- Experience of working under SAN environment
- Basic knowledge of server hardware and configuration
- Python / Shell script or any other test automation language is a plus.