Our Solution Design team is looking for a well-rounded Python developer to help us build, maintain, monitor, and support a range of creative solutions around technologies offered by large social media and ad tech companies.
You will be working with a small, talented, broadly focused team responsible for many different mostly back-end systems. We run our own code and support the teams that run our code. This is a blended development, support, and operations role that is roughly 50 percent development.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Write effective, readable, documented code in excellent English
- Write SQL queries and perform some light DBA duties
- Automate processes using Linux shell scripts and cron jobs
- Learn and maintain existing systems as needed
- Handle support tickets for the systems you’ve built or that the team is responsible for
- Assess and scope feature requests
- Required: 2+ years as a Python developer in a professional environment
- Linux command line with basic shell scripting
- SQL and basic database design knowledge
- Git usage
- Cloud infrastructure experience, AWS in particular
- Other programming languages and technologies
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline