Performance Test Engineer | 2 – 4 Yrs | Bangalore
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing and implementing performance scripts based on the Architecture, business requirements, non-functional requirements, and the code for distributed enterprise level applications.
- Provides analytical support in the conceptualization, development, and implementation of performance test suite for platforms written in different programming languages.
- Provides technical advice and consultation on complex, critical issues, and escalations.
- Defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications and modifies and maintains complex existing applications.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Analyzes requirements to design and develop performance test suite.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- May assist with the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Develops client support plans for major projects.
- Manages code reviews and ensures that test script code complies with the standard defined for the project.
- Accountable for service commitments at individual request level for in scope applications and requests.
- Responsible for process improvement and monitors the performance of all configuration management activities.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the development, testing and implementation of processes used for configuration management, performance optimization and automation.
- Promotes innovation within team or project.
- A key part of this role is the ability to move in and work with project managers and development teams to quickly sort out issues around performance.
- Optimize complex applications implemented using diverse set of programming languages and tools.
- Responsible for defining the performance outcomes such as Transaction Per Second supported by the application.
- Responsible for forecasting capacity based on future requirements and forecasted user traffic.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience and minimum of 2-4 years of related experience
- 2+ years of advanced experience in designing and implementing performance test suite for distributed enterprise grade applications on any of the major public clouds such as AWS, Azure, GCP, PCF
- Expert skills in scripting and strong knowledge of performance analysis of distributed Java applications is a must
- Advanced experience in optimizing the performance of enterprise grade applications
- Advanced experience in running different types of performance testing such as Endurance testing, Day in the Life testing, Load Testing, Scalability Testing
- Advanced experience in partnering with application teams, Business Analysts to understand the requirements and implementing performance test scripts
- Advanced experience in Apache JMeter, Blazemeter, LoadRunner
- Advanced experience in running performance testing on applications hosted on any of the major cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Advanced experience in running performance testing on databases such as Oracle, MySQL, postgres, RDS – knowledge of nosql DBs such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, Mongo etc. is a plus
- Advanced experience in operating systems such as Linux, Windows
- Hands on experience in Kubernetes
- Hands on experience in code repositories such as Git, Bitbucket
- Hands on experience in integrating distributed enterprise level systems
- Hands on experience in monitoring tools such as Datadog, New Relic, other cloud monitoring tools
- Hands on experience in logging tools such as Splunk, Elasticsearch, Elasticsearch – Kibana
- Experience in working fast paced dynamic work environment facing senior executives and external clients
- Experience in triaging live production issues and resolving the issues within SLA leveraging the DevOps ecosystem
- Ability to resolve complex problems with cost effective and innovative solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies as the market evolves
When you apply, don’t forget to mention that you found this Job Post on JobsRepo.com