It is an exciting time to be at Aon! We are seeking a motivated and innovative MS.NET Lead Developer to create solutions as part of our digital transformation and growth efforts. In this role, you will work on a variety of initiatives to ensure our platforms, applications, and services are designed and built in accordance with next generation standards and frameworks. This is a pivotal opportunity as we transform our enterprise to align with the demands of a digital ecosystem to meet business and consumer needs. This role is flexible as an onsite, virtual or hybrid model position.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help Implement future state application and platform roadmap
- Manage MS.NET Full stack technologies (.NET, C#, C++, SQL, ASP, Azure Cloud services)
- Govern and manage code builds for Continuous Delivery and Project teams
- Directly manage and guide programming and quality assurance staff on technical builds and releases
- Develop and implement standards for code review, quality, storage, access, and efficiency
- Develop and implement plan for DevOps process, adoption, flow and capabilities
- Provide initiative specific code solution options with supporting recommendations
- Ensure alignment of code designs with architecture roadmap
- Work in collaboration with solution architects, delivery managers, system analysts, and development teams on ideal solutions
- Build application packages, databases, front-ends and middleware to optimize implementations
- Support product, development and delivery teams on functional & technical code specifications
- Assist with technical design, build POCs and prototypes and guide the solution build thru SDLC
- Provide domain expertise around technical applications and code base
- Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers.
- Provide solution specific expertise to support resolution of production support incidents, as requir
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 5+ years with Microsoft technologies (.NET, C#, C++, SQL, ASP, Azure Cloud services)
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate vision and opinions with diverse teams and communicate complex technical concepts in an approachable way
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in all aspects of technical engineering. Experience with leading projects would be a plus.
- 5+ years of direct senior developer and/or lead experience working with a variety of technology systems, code builds, and developing business applications
- Minimum3+ years of experience with the cloud computing and both SaaS and PaaS applications
- 2+ years of experience with digital/enterprise transformations would be helpful
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with RDMS, SQL, NoSQL, MDM, EDW, ODS
- Experience with legacy platform implementations (e.g. AS400)
- Azure and/or AWS experience – native and custom services
- Professional Developer Certifications would be a plus but not required
- Sound Knowledge of unit testing methodologies and frameworks would be helpful
- Experience in the insurance technology market and application suites (PAS, DocMgmt, Payments, IAM, Billing/Accounting, Data Mgmt, Microservices/APIs, eCommerce…)
- Deep understanding of the current state of automation, continuous integration/deployment, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Expertise working closely with product and delivery organizations and related technical fields.
- Located in Chicago, Philadelphia, Minneapolis or remote