Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Architecture – Work with architects to define Cloud Strategy for a new Cloud Platform for global solutions
- Planning/Process Management: Participate in PI planning and spring backlog refinement sessions. Prepares time estimates for all phases of development projects. Evaluates estimates against actual occurrences. Actively participates in post-implementation review.
- Mentoring: Assists associate Quality Engineers with simple and moderately complex department procedures, environment, tools, utilities and standards.
- Communication and Documentation: Provides input to peers, and management for recommendations and alternate solutions and/or improvements. Conveys and insures the understanding of technical strategies and vision to project participants. Publishes appropriate architecture principles and standards, blueprints, best practices, patterns and frameworks.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or an equivalent educational and work experience, with typically up to 5+ years of software quality experience
- 5+ years of experience with test automation tools, preferably Robot Framework and/or Specflow
- Preferably 2+ years of experience testing and validating Cloud applications, on AWS and/or Azure
- Works closely with agile team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability and automatability, to provide feedback on design (functional and technical)
- Contributes to impact assessments from Feature enhancements on system level interactions, and existing automated test suites
- Conducts Test Design, Test planning, Test automation development, and Test execution
- Writes automated tests for high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers
- Conducts Manual Testing, and uses strong Exploratory Testing to uncover weaknesses in test approaches
- Identifies opportunities for reuse so as to design and implement test automation libraries
- Provides test consultation to Scrum team members to assist them in developing robust Unit Test and regression test suites
- Is responsible for ensuring quality of their work as well as the work of the entire scrum team
- Logs defects and make recommendations to address defects
- May conduct performance and scalability testing
- Development responsibilities include doing test case review / bug analysis, analyzing development and test impacts, writing test tools and identifying automation opportunities
- Contributes to improvements in unit testing coverage, design test framework, develop test suites, expand automated testing harness and automate scenarios/cases
- Manage and guides offshore resources as needed
- Act as internal subject matter expert for the Global Decisioning Platforms