Website Citi Group
Citi CPB team is seeking a highly motivated Java/JEE developer to expand the existing global team. The team is developing and supporting existing and new applications, as part of the EMEA Tax Transformation Program. This position will also need to interface with the multiple applications for analysis, development, and implementation. Candidate should work independently, have strong analytical skills, technical depth, and Good communication skills.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality technical solutions to multiple global stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Be comfortable introducing new technologies and new ideas as required.
- Responsible for server side and web applications design & development.
- Development of common, reusable components and services
- Working with core and global team to manage and support application.
- Ability to take initiative to research, learn and recommend emerging technologies
- Ability to work with global teams and lead them on critical project initiatives
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower-level analysts
- Minimum 5-7 years of commercial Java/JEE development experience.
- Java development using SpringBoot, SpringCloud, JDBC, JNDI
- Experience in building Distributed / Service Oriented / Micro-services based Architecture
- Familiarity with popular IDE’s (e.g. IntelliJ)
- Hands-on experience using GIT and maven.
- Deep understanding of SQL and PL/SQL
- Insight into SOAP/REST webservices and XML/JSON technologies
- Java application servers and containers (e.g. IBM WebSphere, Apache Tomcat)
- Usage of standard development and CI/CD tools and packages.
- Basic operation in Unix environments, shell scripting.
- Knowledge of JIRA, ServiceNow tools
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with, IBM Urban Code Deploy, TeamCity, JUnit, Mockito.
- Cloud based architectures (Amazon, ECS, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes)
- Grasp of Eureka, Consul, Zuul, Zipkin tools.
- Understanding of messaging patterns and mechanisms/implementations.
- Experience with Drools rule engine.
- Exposure to banking and financial environments.
- Exposure to multiple programming languages
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience