Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Applies advanced test quality methods, theories and research techniques relevant for testing micro-services, UI, complex III Party integrations in an AWS based cloud-native environment
- Designs test specifications, test cases for testing the Acceptance Criteria of each feature
- Automates the tests using modern test automation tools and frameworks for UI testing, API testing.
- Integrates test automation tools with CI/CD pipelines.
- Runs the tests manually for non-automated, documents the tests and maintains the test cases in a version-controlled manner.
- Analyses test failures by debugging Java Spring Boot microservices and other cloud-native tech stack applications to triage or root-cause at the first level.
- Logs accurate test failures, works with developers and architects to close the issues.
- Improves test cases for better functional coverage, detects deeper design and implementation issues and provides clear guidance to the developers on reproduction of failures.
- Ensures alignment of test cases with requirements – both functional and non-functional.
- Documents testing strategy, tracks self against project plans and delivers as per the plan and SLAs.
- Helps developers create the test reproduction scenario and debug the tests accurately.
- Verifies fixes and updates test cases as per the evolution of the code.
- Works independently within an established framework.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in developing UI and API test automation and functional manual testing of complex Java/J2EE based applications, preferably in a SaaS environment on AWS or any other cloud.
- Expertise in UI test automation with tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Enzyme, React Testing Library, Jest, Jasmine, Protractor, etc.
- Expertise in API testing tools such as Postman or REST Assured.
- Experience with containerization and deployment tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with DevOps tools and practices such as Jenkins, Git, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Knowledge of mobile testing frameworks such as Appium or Espresso.
- Knowledge of security testing frameworks such as OWASP ZAP or Burp Suite.