Automation Test Engineer | 2+ Yrs | Hyderabad
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) helps deliver the quality and performance of large scale, big data, custom hardware multi-platform software products that includes; web, API and mobile application interfaces. Incumbents in this position are experienced, hands on and self-motivated engineer who can work collaboratively in a continuous integration environment. This role involves working closely with Software Developers that includes leveraging shift-left methods to understand a complex domain and product. The SDET focuses on contributing to the development of automated Functional Integration tests and end-to-end tests through open source test frameworks for overall system testing within an Agile environment. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Tests complex API, web and mobile based applications that reference database back-end systems.
- Creates and maintains automated test cases, executes test suites, reviews and diagnoses reported bugs, and ensures overall system quality prior to a customer release.
- Designs, develops, maintains, and troubleshoots automated suites of tests through continuous integration for value added feedback.
- Works with the engineering teams to derive testing requirements throughout the development cycle.
- Reproduces, debugs, and isolates problems and verify fixes.
- Works closely with software developers to create software artifacts including test plans, test cases, test procedures and test reports.
- Works cross functional areas with internal partner engineering teams in a disciplined agile environment.
- Estimates own testing tasks.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with Cubic’s Quality Management System
- Comply with Cubic Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures
- Comply with security in accordance with established policies and procedures of the organisations
- Comply with Cubic Human Resources Procedures
- Other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology (B Tech) or Masters in Computer Application (MCA) or related field
- A minimum of 2 years of experience preferably in either a Software Development Engineer or (SDET) Software Development Engineer in Test role.
- Must have an understanding and ability to develop code in Java. Experience in API testing from SOAP, RESTful is required.
- Experience with XML, Databases and SQL is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with Linux, Windows, and/or mobile devices.
- Experience with Test processes, open source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests in Java with frameworks like JUnit/TestNG, Selenium, JMeter and Appium is preferred.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration systems.
- Experience with tools & applications such as JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Git and Artifactory/Maven.
- Previous experience with requirements, defect, functional, and performance management systems is desired. May be asked to work extended hours where required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyze complex problems in large systems.
- Must be detail oriented and a creative thinker with passion for quality and test automation.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience in leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure customer project deliverables.
When you apply, don’t forget to mention that you found this Job Post on JobsRepo.com