Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of components, instruments and opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Resolve and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams.
- Test and solve assemblies and/or final systems, and complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing.
- Prepare technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. May assist in the selection and set-up of niche test equipment.
- Work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Perform ongoing daily work with minimal instruction, and with general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- May provide work assignment direction and technical training to peers.
- Minimum 2 years or relevant mechanical or opto-mechanical experience in a manufacturing environment. Preferably within the semiconductor industry.
- Proficient with hand tools; Allen wrench, oscilloscope, DMMs, etc..
- Previous experience interpreting blueprints and procedures is required.
- Will require overtime and some weekends based on workflow.
- Technical School or work experience of 3 years