Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- lead and participate in all phases of SDLC including business requirements collection, analysis, sizing, design, development, testing, deployment and production support.
- Primarily responsible for hands-on Java based ETL Development (Talend) with support from onsite and off-shore consultants on daily basis
- Define and create data model, tables, views, queries etc. to support business requirements.
- Create and support Web Services that integrate ETL Jobs with internal application.
- Design, develop, debug, test and promote Java/ETL code into various environments from DEV through to PROD.
- Develop and contribute to Business Requirements Document along with users.
- Work with onsite/offshore consultants in writing detailed Functional and Technical Design documents. 8) Perform unit, integration and System testing of new application. 9) Ability to work under tight deadlines to deliver high quality software for a new application from scratch.
- Must have 3-5 years of application development experience with Talend.
- Solid proven hands-on development experience in Java & J2EE framework on Unix/Windows environment.
- Hands-on development/maintenance experience in Talend.
- Experience with Restful or SOAP based Web Services.
- Proficiency with Talend Open Data Studio or Talend Big Data is a must. Must have worked on projects that have resulted in code being deployed to production.
- Knowledge of data formats and ETL and ELT processes in mongodb.
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD as well as Agile tools and processes including Git, Jenkins, Jira and Confluence.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major